Sunday 11 September 2011

Miniatura Preview - Something a bit different!

Good evening  everyone… 
I am just looking in to give you yet another sneak preview of a new 1:48th 'Basic House Kit' which Mr Bea and I will be launching at Autumn Miniatura...

But first a warning… for those of you who are unfamiliar with everyday 20th century UK architecture this latest design might make you scratch your head, for those of you who know the UK and its traditional ’Suburbs’ well - it may simply make you smile...
2 & 4 Birchwood Avenue (pictured above) is a (very) typical 1940s - 1950s semi detached suburban style property which can be found all over the UK in the 'new estates' which sprung up everywhere during this time period - indeed although I now live in an old stone cottage, I myself was born in such a property and the new design draws strongly from the suburbs of Hertfordshire where I grew up in the 1970s and 1980s…

Now I know that this latest design won't be 'everyone's cup of tea' but for me (and many others) it holds so much nostalgia that I simply couldn't resist offering it as a highly unique quarter scale kit!!

2 & 4 Birchwood Avenue is our largest kit to date and has 10 rooms in total (4 in each house plus 2 attic rooms) and the kit will be priced at just £24.99!
Bea & Tony Broadwood

2 comments:

  1. This is my favourite period - looking forward to making this kit. See you at Miniatura.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bea, I have just completed this kit and it was a joy to construct (as all your kits are!)and I'm delighted with the result. I've googled some period wallpaper and will furnish it with period items - I love, love, love it!
    Hugs,
    Sandie (Snippets from my Studio)

    ReplyDelete